Fresh asparagus teams with tangy tomato and vinaigrette. This versatile veggie dish can be served hot, chilled or at room temperature.
1# asparagus, bottoms trimmed 2 tbsp olive oil
1/8 tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp red wine vinegar
3/4 tsp sugar
1/4 cup diced tomato
2 tbsp slivered fresh basil leaves 1 tbsp diced red onion
- Heat large skillet filled with salted water to boil
- Add asparagus; simmer, uncovered until just tender (about 10 minutes)
- Drain cooked asparagus, blot with paper towels 4. Place asparagus in bowl & toss with olive oil, salt & pepper
- When ready to serve, add vinegars, sugar, tomato basil & onion. Toss.
- Taste – adjust seasoning accordingly
- Arrange on small platter and serve hot, room temperature or chilled.